Carrying Capacity Network
URGENT ACTION ALERT: MARCH 2019
Funding Bill Threatens Children; Increases Legal & Illegal Immigration!
The recently passed Funding Bill not only poses a horrific Threat to Children by ENCOURAGING the trafficking of Unaccompanied Minors across the border for many illicit purposes including providing a ”Ticket” for Permanent Residence in the USA to Traffickers who seek one.
But the Bill also demonstrates that, in order to reduce Illegal Immigration it is essential to SIMULTANEOUSLY push for a Zero-Net Moratorium on Legal Immigration. Because ample (or in the case of this bill Increased!) Legal Immigration “Slots” are a Great MAGNET for Illegals to cross our Border and remain!
Unfortunately, the Mass Immigration Management Groups (i.e., those who refuse to push for a Zero-Net Moratorium on Legal) and/or focus solely on reducing Illegal Immigration, are complicit in the repeated failures to achieve reductions in either!
“Despite assertions by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi that ‘women and children at the border are not a security threat, they are a humanitarian challenge — a challenge that President Trump's own cruel and counterproductive policies have only deepened,’ in fact, provisions in the recently passed spending bill (formally the “Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2019”, H. J. Res. 31) will make that “humanitarian challenge” even worse, at least as it applies to children.
“Specifically, section 224 of that act states:
(a) None of the funds provided by this Act or any other Act, or provided from any accounts in the Treasury of the United States derived by the collection of fees available to the components funded by this Act, may be used by the Secretary of Homeland Security to place in detention, remove, refer for a decision whether to initiate removal proceedings, or initiate removal proceedings against a sponsor, potential sponsor, or member of a household of a sponsor or potential sponsor of an unaccompanied alien child (as defined in section 462(g) of the Homeland Security Act of 2002 (6 U.S.C. 279(g)) based on information shared by the Secretary of Health and Human Service. ‘Think about the Children.’” [Emphasis Added]
A.Arthur, cis.org 2/16/19
Note Well: “Anyone who is a ‘sponsor or potential sponsor’ of an Unaccompanied Alien Child” can NOT be detained or Deported! … aka “Traffickers welcome to come and/or remain in the USA!”
Bottom Line: It is much more difficult to get substantial reductions in Illegal Immigration without also simultaneously pushing for reductions in Legal Immigration “slots” and the Funding Bill just increased the number of such Legal “slots” without limit.
But if we all push Congress going forward, we can eventually get dramatic reductions in Illegal and Legal Immigration, e.g., via Elimination of the Visa Lottery, Birthright Citizenship and Chain Migration.
So push your Congressional Representatives hard NOW to:
- BUILD THE WALL AND END CATCH AND RELEASE
- Implement e-Verify
- End Anchor Baby Birthright Citizenship
- Eliminate the Visa Lottery and Chain Migration
- Enact a Zero-Net* all-categories-included MORATORIUM on Legal Immigration
If the 1.5 to 1.6 Million Annual Legal Immigrant Inflow were cut to 150,000/Year (i.e., *Zero-Net Annual Immigration = Emigration), Federal Deficit could be reduced by One-Half Trillion $ in a Decade!
Tell them Legal Immigration of about 1.6 Million per Year costs US Taxpayers $330Billion per Year NET of Taxes Immigrants pay (Net Costs of Legal Immigration Study).
Please help Carrying Capacity Network intensify our PUSH for the five aforementioned policies by increasing our Activist Mobilization, Media, lobbying and public education efforts with a tax-deductible donation. Any donation, no matter how small will be greatly appreciated. Now is the Time to Donate for Maximum Effect!
And remember that CCN is a Genuine Mass Immigration Reduction Group, so Donations to CCN have far more impact dollar for dollar than Donations to Mass Immigration Management Groups who refuse to support a Zero-Net Moratorium.
Indeed, leading Management groups’ Strategies and Tactics are COUNTERPRODUCTIVE.
Consider those of one group whose strategies are copied by several others:
1) This group supports a reduction in Legal immigration to 500,000 and “eventually” to 300,000, which would, even if achieved, NOT result in sustainability — Immigrant fertility rates have historically been well in excess of replacement level — and that the world's population increases by 80 Million per year the pressure to emigrate to the USA will only intensify, especially if encouraged by the USA's current pro-Mass Immigration policies. In sum, enactment of this group’s position would result in unending Mass Immigration-fueled U.S. population growth.
2) And perhaps MOST IMPORTANT.... COUNTERPRODUCTIVE because it explicitly sanctions unending Mass Immigration, and indeed legitimizes it!! Thus, this and similar groups are Mass Immigration MANAGEMENT Groups and NOT genuine Reduction groups.
3) And, in any event, pushing that position is COUNTERPRODUCTIVE because, in any Negotiation, one should never start with the position where one wants to end up!
Therefore, CCN invites once again all genuine reductionist organizations to Join our Diversity Coalition for an Immigration MORATORIUM ... a Coalition supported by many Immigrants from all Ethnic Groups. Carrying Capacity Network is pro-immigrant, anti-MASS-Immigration.
Please donate by Credit Card at Carrying Capacity Network, Inc. or by Check via U.S. mail to:
CCN’s Mailing Address
San Francisco, CA 94104
Carrying Capacity Network
Comment & Follow CCN here: